The Fate of Arderoth
A monotheistic faith practiced by humans in both the Old World and the New World. The basis of The Orthodoxy is that God is omnipresent and omnipotent but NOT OMNISCIENT. God is blind to the soul and motivations, he sees only actions and results.
Adherents to The Orthodoxy believe:
- • There is one God, Creator, Gatekeeper of Heaven, Judge of all Mortal Action
- • There is a Devil, Master of Hell, Deceiver
- • Living beings have an eternal soul that is shaped by worldly deeds
- • The Saints lead life of perfect honor and heroic self sacrifice
The Orthodoxy’s trappings include:
- • is the holy book of The Orthodoxy
- • A silver rosary with one bead for each Saint (Max108). A bead is gained by memorizing the deeds of a Saint.
- • Chapels, basilicas and cathedrals dedicated to saints
- • Tombs and relics of the Saints
- • A rigid hierarchy of Clerics based on knowledge of church doctrine. The priesthood does NOT see itself as morally superior
The Orthodoxy observes several Pious Principles
- • Neither God nor man can pass judgment on the living
- • The greatest sin is to steal the honorable deeds of another
- • The life of the wicked must be preserved so they may make right and see salvation
- • Hardship is a blessing from God, an opportunity to endure
- • It is possible to reach salvation without acknowledging God (Infidels can go to heaven)
- • A pious life is a life of action
- • Introspection is a waste of time
The Orthodoxy is the state religion of Alusia but is practiced throughout the Old and New Worlds. The King of Alusia must recite from memory in its entirety at his coronation. No King of Alusia, including Tolgor Nelson, has ever failed at this very difficult trial.